Monday, October 15, 2012

What is the purpose of the Mutant Foundation?

The Mutant Foundation is a place for me to tell the stories I want to tell, with characters I want to use.

My goal here is to tell a complete story dealing with the Mean Green Ninja Teens (who by the way are no longer teens). Far more than Ninja Turtle fanfiction, encompassing many stories and many characters in one common universe.

With the many medias that the Ninja Turtles have existed in, its hard to choose just one universe to play in. I want Mutants...lots of Mutants, but really don't want to write origins for everyone of them (especially the ones that already have origins). The best place for that, the original animated series, a series that had new mutants popping up every other week. Now, as a writer (or wannabe writer) I want to have my own spin on things, tell my own stories without be trapped into an existing canon. As such I'll say that the original series (until a time before the Red Sky episodes), is a lose backdrop to the Mutant Foundation.

Many familiar faces will pop up, especially the Mutants...as well as characters pulled from various other Ninja Turtle canons, but with a new spin.

So what is the Mutant Foundation exactly?

As the story unfolds the full extent of the Foundation will be exposed. Let's just say that the Mutant Foundation is a network of Mutants (and human allies) that were brought together by Donatello and the other members of the the Ninja Turtle team. There are several teams spread throughout the United States but all remain tied together via a Network designed by Donatello, exclusively utilized by the various Mutant teams as a support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment